SELF-CARE


I've just read an article about how self-care is related to coping with something psychological. The details are fuzzy but I've always tried to practice this in my life. Maybe its because I've been "forced" to take on and give more than I was willing and should have that I've always gone out of my way to take care of myself in order to compensate. In any case, I'm including it in my monthly budget and making it a habit. This pertains to all aspects of my well-being: physical and mental. (Sorry, I can't really include spiritual as I'm an atheist.)

PHYSICAL BEAUTY

I'm currently on Isotretinoin to take care of my acne and oily skin. I should have done this long ago really. I've done all the wrong things first before taking care of the root problem--oily skin. There's no use in regrets though, and the only thing to do is work with what I have and move on.

I'm also doing regular applications of false eyelashes which I LOVE! I can't imagine myself going to back to not having it done. I just hope my lashes are up to the challenge of the constant picking and prodding.

In the future, I'm looking at laser to correct my skin and acne marks. I have to go off Isotretinoin first though, so that's the caveat. I'm told to finish 24 boxes to make the effect long lasting so fingers crossed I go through that soon!

Speaking of laser, I've just inquired about IPL or laser hair removal from this local salon called Japan IPL. I want to get it done on the bikini area and underarm so I won't have to shave. It's just such a bother to do it frequently, especially now that I'm swimming on a regular basis.

Other things I'm looking at are eyebrow embroidery / microblading and lip tattoo. The goal here really is to wake up ready to face the world with minimal effort to look great. I've already had a Brazilian blowout at Tony and Jackey's (or is it really a perm?) so the hair bit is done.

I've been incredibly happy with the changes I've made so far and I'm looking forward to get the other ones sorted.

MENTAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL

I've made it a habit of listening to podcasts whenever I could. I enjoy shows about motivation, health, business, and a host of random, fun stuff. It's really been life-changing for me both in my personal life and business. I thought the format of it wouldn't work but I'm glad I've opened myself up to more possibilities. There's this willingness now to try out new things even at the risk of failing. It's something I wouldn't have done even as short as three years ago. Having much more time in my hands and the financial capability to do so has been a large part in this change. I'm behind now on episodes so I feel like I need to set aside more time to listen. I can be selective of course, but again I want to be more open and listen to topics that wouldn't normally interest me.

I would also like to read more books (and less fanfiction!). But again, I find that listening to podcasts seems more efficient. It also gives me a chance to rest my eyes from all the screen-staring I do all day.

I'm looking to improve my communication skills as well. I'm of a bit of a loss on where to start but the end result would be more events, networking, and a wider circle of relationships. It's a bit of an enrichment activity if you will. I'll be attending local seminars for my business so that should be a start I suppose. But I've never been social so I'll have to actively prepare for it. Maybe reading a few books like How to Influence People (Is the title right?) can help.




Comments

Popular Posts