New Blog for the New Year!




I'm opening 2018 by reviving my old blog! I've started a few new projects and goals for this year (I know, I know).

HEALTH
I've committed to swim for 2-3 hours on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. There's a nearby spa that has an indoor lap pool that suits my needs pretty well. It should cost me about $10 or so to do this per session. It can add up, but not a bad investment overall.

I'm also doing at least an hour of Yoga daily. I figured if I do it in the morning the second I wake up, it'll get my blood pumping. I also kind of have to warm up before swimming so this is a must.

I've tried sticking to a vegan diet last year but its so difficult in our household especially since mum's the one that's cooking. I also need carbohydrates and protein before and after workouts. For now,
I'm just avoiding processed food and keeping everything in moderation.

EDUCATION
I've just about finished my adult swimming lessons. When I'm confident enough with my body's endurance and strength, I'll give freediving a try. I realize it's such a jump, but you'll never know until you try! :)

Forward, I'm looking at martial arts and self-defense classes. There are a few gyms in the area that offer them. (I really can'y do traditional work outs, it's such a burden on my joints!)

I also make it a point to listen to podcasts everyday. It covers a wide range of subjects from general education, business, finance, and entertainment. It keeps me busy mentally whilst doing chores.

I'm hoping to find time to read more books. I have a few titles on queue on business personal development. I should finish reading As A Man Thinketh by James Allen. I've been reading it forever.

BUSINESS
I'm also looking to start a business this year. Perhaps something e-commerce related? I need to sit down and sort this out. I haven't even started planning this one yet!

So far that's it! Hopefully everything works out and I'll be able to reach several of my long-term goals this year. If not, you can hold my feet to the fire!

Comments

Popular Posts